4 tbsp soy sauce
2 to 3 tbsp Chinese Tea Leaves (I used Pu erh)
2 cinnamon stick
2 star anise
1 tsp sugar
2 liter water
2 to 3 cups Huiji tonic
1. Boil the eggs in a pot of water for about 10 mins.
2. Remove the eggs and rinse under tap water.
3. Using a teaspoon/spoon, gently tap on the eggshell to create crack lines.
4. In another pot, add and boil the soy sauce, tea leaves, cinnamon stick, star anise, cloves, sugar, and water.
5. Add the eggs and lower the fire. Cover with lid.
6. Simmer for at least 2 hours, or more for a stronger taste.
7. Add Huiji tonic 10 to 15 mins before you off the fire.
1. You can add more tea leaves for a stronger fragrant and taste.
2. This recipe is good for up to 10 eggs.