Sunday, August 13, 2017

Homemade Chicken Stock 鸡汤


Ingredients:
4 to 5 Chicken Bones (from thigh - cause I bought thighs & debone from them)
8 to 10 Chicken Feet (can be more)
1/2 cup of soya beans (soaked for 1 hr)
2 stalks of lemongrass (wash & chopped into 3 parts)
2 thumb size ginger (wash & remove skin & smashed them)
2 - 3 pcs of dried scallop (for a more flavourful soup) - optional
1 - 2 pcs of dried abalone (for a more flavourful soup) - optional

Method:
1. Blanch the chicken bones and feet.
2. Boil about 4 to 5 liters of water.
3. Add all the above ingredients.
4. Boil at high fire for 20 minutes, then change to low fire for at least 4 to 6 hours. You may add water if need to. I will add half cup by half cup, and not 2 - 3 cups at one go.

Note
1. I used a Thermos magic pot. So after I boiled at high fire for 20 mins, I placed the inner pot into the outer pot. (I leave it overnight.) Then I boil it over low fire for another 1 hour.
2. I did not add salt to it. Add salt or soya sauce when you use the stock for cooking.
3. I collected the thigh bones when I bought chicken thighs and I removed the bones from them. Or you can buy chicken carcass from the market.
4. They will become jelly-like when they are chilled. (As shown in the video)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Print